1969 Ford Black Jade 428 Cobra Jet
1969 Ford Cobra Jet 428 Mustang
This Mach 1 Cobra Jet we have at Carlynn Clean Classics is a pedigreed Mach 1 (with only 31000 miles) that has been correctly restored where needed, original interior, rebuilt (over $5700.00 spent) engine, and has all the right parts and is not only a serious investment grade classic, but a fun driver.
According to the Build Tag and Marti Report this awesome 1969 Mach 1 was bolted together at Ford's Dearborn, Michigan assembly plant on February 24th of 1969 and delivered that same month to Brooklyn Motors Incorporated of Baltimore, Maryland with the following door data and optional equipment:
• Vin.# 9F02R181418
• 9 – 1969 model year
• F – Built in Dearborn, Michigan
• 02 – Mustang Sportsroof
• R – 428 cubic inch 4 valve Cobra Jet Ram Air engine
• 181418 Build Number for production at Dearborn
• 63C – Mustang Mach 1 Sportsroof
• C5 – Ford #3197-A Black Jade paint with blackout hood treatment
• 3AA – Black Clarion Knit interior with vinyl Mach 1 Hi-Back bucket seats
• 08B – Scheduled for build on February 08th 1969
• 17 – Cleavland Ordering District
• S – 3.50 Traction-Lok axle
• 6 – 4-speed close ratio manual transmission
STANDARD and OPTIONS include:
• Original numbers matching 428 Cobra Jet engine rebuilt (over $5700.00 spent)
• Originaland Top Loader 4-speed transmission
• Traction-Lok differential
• F70x14 Traction Tires with raised white letters
• AM radio
• Original interior,
• Correct and glossy coat of Black Jade Green urethane
• Clearcoat shell was buffed to a brilliant shine
• Trademark flat black was re-applied to its awesome shaker hood
• Bight gold Mach 1 tape stripes were perfectly aligned on its fuselage and rear valence.
• Straight and flat body panels
• Perfectly ridged character lines
• Narrow panel gaps
• Front end of the car has chrome trimmed low beam headlights and the grille mounted high beam headlights
• Angled chin spoiler
• Chrome Mustang emblem features a familiar galloping horse and red, white and blue vertical inlays
• Factory chrome hood pins
Under the blacked-out hood the original 428 cubic inch Cobra Jet Ram Air engine has been completely rebuilt to its correct factory specifications and made more potent with updated parts. This was already one of the hottest muscle car engines ever created. Ford's big block 428 was advertised at a conservatively rated 335 horsepower, but in reality put out way more! The Dyno sheet in the pictures show after the rebuild it put out over 400 horse at only 5000 rpm.
At the top of the engine, a Holley 4-barrel carburetor sits under a correct ram air induction system which draws fresh air from the cars silver detailed shaker scoop. Other components include:
• Silver finned valve covers
• Cast iron manifolds
• High performance exhaust system
• Detailed satin black radiator
• All correct clamps
• Spotless engine bay has the correct satin black paint and all of the correct components
• Fresh power brake booster
• Silver shock tower brace
• Correct decals, vacuum hoses and accessory brackets
From the factory, the 428CJ was treated to a set of deep-breathing heads from the 427 (2.09/1.65-inch valves, combustion chamber volumes between 73 and 75 cc, larger intake and exhaust ports, 427 valve springs and dampers), a 735-cfm Holley four-barrel carb, and freer-breathing exhaust manifolds, along with beefier connecting rods. The 428CJ's actual power output is reputed to be well north of 400 hp, with its advertised numbers artificially lowered to help keep the insurance companies from jacking up its rates.
The rest of this Mach 1 has been restored to the same high standards as its exterior and engine compartment. It has a Top Loader 4-speed close ratio manual transmission, a durable Ford 9 inch rear end with stout 3.50 gears and Traction-Lok limited slip differential.
All that power hits the pavement with 14 inch factory steel wheels, chrome wheel covers and a correct set of F70-14 Goodyear Polyglas tires.
ORIGINAL interior features the black Clarion Knit vinyl with Hi-Back buckets seats with red accents
• Dash has working gauges which include a factory clock, and features wood grain trim
• Radio works as it should
• Chrome shifter is topped by a correct wood finished Mustang shift knob
• Correct wood trimmed console
• Correct seat belts
• Chrome accessory knobs and door panels finish out the interior
• Completely restored trunk includes a correct trunk mat and correct lid decals.
As far as collectability goes, Black Jade proved a popular color for '69, but it lasted only one year on the Mustang color chart. Therefore, it is a very valuable shade of a very collectible Cobra Jet Mustang!
If you want a super nice quality CJ, but one you can still drive and enjoy, come see and buy this one at Carlynn Clean Classics today.
428 Super Cobra Jet V8